The DC Improv has been granted a waiver by the city to resume live entertainment, with protocols in place. Here’s a rundown of how things will work, as of April 8, 2021.
What we’re doing
- Reducing capacity and increasing distance. Events are currently limited to 50 people, although the city has indicated that we might be allowed to expand to 72 people starting May 1. Instead of selling individual tickets, we will be selling tables to parties of 2, 4 or 6, which means that no other parties will be seated at a table with your party. Tables will be spaced 6 feet apart.
- Wearing masks and gloves. Employees will wear cloth masks and disposable gloves.
- Screening our employees. Our employees are ordered to stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. They’re also getting pre-shift health screenings and temperature checks when they do come to work.
- Cleaning. All high-contact surfaces are being sanitized regularly with EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Switching to single-use table items. Menus are now single-use and will be disposed of after use.
- Checking customers in outside. Our check-in process will be outdoors, to allow for social distancing and temperature checks as people wait to enter the venue.
What we’re asking of you
- If you’re not feeling well, stay home ... and get better!
- Wear a mask. In accordance with the city’s regulations, customers are expected to properly wear masks, except while eating and drinking at their table. Masks should be worn when interacting with Improv employees or moving about the venue for any reason.
- Observe six-foot “social distancing” rules whenever possible. Once you’re seated, we ask that customers not move around the showroom, except when heading to the restroom.
- Temperature checks. We will be doing temperature checks on all customers, and no one with a temperature over 100 degrees will be admitted.
Venue improvements (we've been busy while you've been gone)
- HVAC upgrades. We’re protecting our guests with the best-in-class indoor air quality solution on the market. We have installed Dynamic Air Cleaning Technology that captures the droplet nuclei that play a critical role in aerosol transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Our new system exceeds MERV 15 standards, rivaling HEPA filters. We also installed a new ventilation system in our kitchen.
- Brand spankin' new bathrooms: The bathrooms in our main showroom have been renovated and have all new contactless fixtures.
- Sanitizer stations. Additional hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the venue.
- New floors and carpets everywhere.
- New ceiling tiles and fresh paint.